Step-by-step instructions on how to use Privnote:
Privnote is a free service for sending private information that self-destructs after being read. It’s a simple tool that allows you to send sensitive data like passwords or personal notes over the internet, ensuring that only the recipient can read them, and they’re deleted as soon as they’re read.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to use Privnote:
- Open your web browser.
- In the address bar, type
https://privnote.comand hit Enter.
- You’ll be directed to Privnote’s home page. Here, you’ll see a big text box where you can type or paste your note.
- Write your message in the provided box. This could be any sensitive information you want to send, like a password, credit card information, or a personal note.
- Below the note box, you’ll see some options that you can adjust according to your preferences:
- Note’s lifespan: By default, your note will be destroyed right after it is read. But you can choose to destroy it after a certain amount of time, even if it has not been read. Just click on the drop-down menu and select the time you prefer.
- Password protect: If you want to add an additional layer of security, you can password-protect your note. Check the box “Protect with password”, and then type your password.
- Confirm reading: If you want to make sure that the note was read and not just deleted, you can select the option “Ask for a confirmation before showing the note”.
- Once you’ve customized your note’s settings, click on the “Create Note” button at the bottom.
- Privnote will generate a link. You can click on the “Copy Link” button to copy this link to your clipboard.
- Now, send this link to the person who you want to read the note. You can do this through email, text message, or any other form of communication. Remember, do not send the link and the password (if you set one) through the same channel for security reasons.
- Once the recipient opens the link, they will see the note you wrote, and the note will be destroyed. If you chose to be asked for a confirmation, the recipient would have to confirm that they intended to read the note before the note is shown.
- If you chose the “Notify me when this note gets read” option, you will receive an email when the recipient opens the note.
Remember that the main feature of Privnote is that once your note is read, it’s gone. So the recipient should be careful to save any information they’ll need later.
That’s some rare stuff!
Sorry, we didn’t find anything that matched your search