How to upload and display PDFs
Here are the steps to upload a PDF file and place a link to it on your Dirigible website:
- Access the backend of your website and navigate to “Pages” -> “Add New”.
- Create a new page by giving it a title, such as “PDF Sample”. Customize the page content as desired, such as adding a description or button.
- Publish the page to make it live on your website.
- Next, go to “Media” -> “Add New” to upload the PDF file. Click the “Select Files” button and choose the PDF file from your computer. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the PDF file into the media library.
- Once the PDF file is uploaded, you can obtain its URL by clicking on the “Copy URL” link in the media library. This URL can be used to access the PDF directly.
- Return to the page where you want to place the link to the PDF. Edit the page and locate the section where you want to insert the link.
- To create a link using a button, use the block editor or a page builder to insert a button element. Add the text for the button, such as “View PDF”. In the link settings for the button, enter the URL of the PDF file or choose it from the media library.
- Alternatively, to create a link using text, highlight the text that you want to turn into a link. Click the “Link” button in the editor toolbar, enter the URL of the PDF file or choose it from the media library, and save the changes.
- Update or publish the page to apply the changes.
- View the page on the front end of your website. You should now see the link or button that leads to the PDF file.
By following these steps, you can upload a PDF file to your Dirigible site and create a link or button that allows visitors to access and view the PDF.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.