GA4: How to Set Up Events (Basic)
Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up Google Analytics for conversion goals and custom events using the new Google Analytics and Gravity Forms, along with a thank you page for your Gravity Forms:
- Make sure you have a thank you page set up for your form. Open the thank you page and note its URL.
- After setting up Google Analytics and confirming that it’s connected, go to the Events section in Google Analytics.
- Click on “Create Event” and provide a custom event name. Use a descriptive name in lowercase letters with underscores to represent the event you want to track. For example, “contact_page_view” for the contact thank you page view.
- In the “Event conditions” section, select “Page view” as the event name. This means that when a user views the specified page, the event will be triggered.
- In the “Event conditions” section, set the “Page location” to “contains” and enter the unique path of the contact thank you page. This ensures that the event is tracked only when a user lands on that specific page.
- Create the event, and it will appear in the custom events list. Note that the event may not show up until it has occurred, typically after the site has received some traffic.
- Once the event appears in the custom events list, there will be a toggle on the right side. Click on “Mark as conversion” to indicate that it is a conversion event.
- The conversion event will then be listed in the conversions section of Google Analytics.
By following these steps, you can track conversions and custom events for your forms using Google Analytics and Gravity Forms, specifically targeting the contact thank you page. This method allows you to monitor analytics and gather insights on form submissions and conversions.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.