How Do I Change My Font Sizes in WordPress?
3 Ways to Change Your Text Size
On your Dirigible site, you are able to control every aspect of your design and layout – so your site can truly reflect your brand identity. You can customize your website by adding photos, arranging the layout, and setting your colors, to name a few. One of the simplest and most powerful changes you can make is setting the size of your text. Making sure that your site’s type is legible is important for accessibility and usability.
There are three main ways to adjust your text size.
- In the customizer – this will make global changes to your text sizes
- In the block settings – this will change your text size in that particular block
- Using paragraph and headers in the block editor – this will change your text size for a specific piece of text
How to Change Font Sizes in the Customizer:
- In your Dashboard, on the left hand-side, scroll down and click on Appearances. Then select Customize.
- In the side menu, select Styles.
- From here you can now edit your Headers and Paragraphs by clicking on which you want to adjust or change in the left menu. This is effectively setting presets for your website’s text.
- Once you have made your selection, on the left-hand side navigate to the Size category to make your adjustments either by typing in a value or using the up and down arrows on the side. You can also customize your Paragraphs and Headers presets here in other ways like Color and Weight if you so wish.
How to Change Font Size in Block Settings:
- Select the paragraph block where you want to adjust the font size.
- Then on the right-hand side under Block, there is a category labeled Typography with a size selection bar underneath. The options are Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and Extra Extra Large. Select your preferred font size.
- If for whatever reason you change your mind, just select a different size or you can rest by clicking on the three vertically arranged dots next to Typography and select Reset all at the bottom of the drop down menu.
How to Change Font Size Using Paragraph Headings:
- Highlight the section of text and/or select the block you want to adjust. In the Customizer click on the paragraph icon on the right of the menu.
- Select Header in the drop down menu.
- Now, in the customizer you can adjust the preset heading by selecting H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, or H6.
Hopefully these methods help and get you one step closer to getting your site looking the way you want it to!
If you found this helpful and want to learn more about using your website and how to market your brand – sign up for our Website Building 101 course with Dirigible!