Creating a Mobile Menu
Dirigible has four menu locations:
- Main menu
- Footer menu
- Utility menu
- Mobile menu
If you are using the Dirigible Mega Menu plugin, or if you have a complex menu on your website, a simplified mobile menu can make your website more user-friendly on phones and tablets.
In the video below, Kindra takes you through creating a mobile menu for your website.
Hello! I’m Kindra from Dirigible, and today I’ll guide you through using and customizing the mobile menus on your website. Let’s get started:
- In the WordPress dashboard, you can access the menu editing options in two ways:
- Click on the ribbon menu under your website name and select “Menus.”
- Alternatively, go to the left-hand sidebar, open the “Appearance” menu, and choose “Menus.”
- In the “Manage Locations” section, you’ll see four available Theme Locations for your Dirigible site: Main, Mobile, Footer, and Utility.
- To customize the mobile menu, click on “Create New Menu” and give it a name, such as “Mobile.”
- Set the location of the newly created menu to “Mobile” and click “Create.”
- Now that you have the mobile menu created, you can add pages to it that will appear in the mobile version of your site. For example, you can choose “About,” “Contact Us,” and “Blog” pages.
- Once you’ve added the desired pages, click “Save” to update the mobile menu.
- If you go to your mobile window and refresh the page, you’ll see that the mobile menu has been updated with the selected pages.
- Remember that maintaining the mobile menu requires manual updates when you make changes to your main menu. If the main menu and mobile menu have similarities, you must update both menus accordingly. This means adding, deleting, or modifying menu items in both menus.
That’s it! You’ve learned how to create and customize the mobile menu for your Dirigible site. If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch with us or visit support.mydirigible.com for more information.
I hope this tutorial was helpful to you. Have a great day!